"Recipe for a Happy New Year"
- take twelve whole months, clean them thoroughly of all bitterness, hate, and jealousy. Make them just as fresh and clean as possible.
- Now cut each month in to twenty-eight, thirty, thirty-one different parts, but don't make up the whole batch at once. Prepare it one day at a time, out of these ingredients.
- Mix well into each day one part of faith, one part of patience, one part of courage, and one part of work.
- Add to each day one part of hope, faithfulness, generosity, and kindness.
- Blend with one part prayer, one part meditation, and one good deed.
- Season the whole with a dash of good spirits, a sprinkle of fun, a pinch of play, and a cupful of good humor.
- Pour all of this into a vessel of love.
- Cook thoroughly over radiant joy, garnish with a smile, and serve with quietness, unselfishness, and cheerfulness.
- Your final results may vary depending on your attitude.